Egle E. Murauskaite is a senior researcher and simulations designer for the ICONS Project with the University of Maryland. Presently based in Lithuania, she is responsible for high-level political-military crises simulations in Europe, alongside academic research and government consulting projects. Egle has been working with unconventional security threats for the past 8 years – from terrorism and proliferation of nuclear weapons, to countering illicit trafficking and increasing cyber resilience. Ms. Murauskaite has also developed courses, workshops, and other training curricula (online and in person) for professionals and academics. Her analyses have been published in the FPRI Baltic Bulletin, IQ the Economist, Peace and Conflict Studies Journal, Nonproliferation Review, and Lithuanian Annual Strategic Review. Her professional experience spans the Netherlands, Australia, Egypt, France, and the U.S.
- Institut d’Etudes Politiques de Paris (Sciences Po), France, Master of International Relations: Security Studies (Summa Cum Laude), 2012
- Stockholm School of Economics in Riga (SSE Riga), Latvia, Bachelor of Economics and Business Administration, 2008
- Independent Research Consultant, 2015
- Research and Training Specialist, START, 2014 – 2015
- Research Associate, James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies (CNS), 2012 – 2014
- Research Assistant, American University of Cairo, 2011