Program Manager, Risk Communication & Resilience Program, START
8400 Baltimore Ave., Suite 250, College Park, MD 20740
Holly Roberts is a Program Manager and Researcher in the Risk Communication and Resilience Program at the START. She assists with a variety of research ventures while managing START’s Training in Risk and Crisis Communication Program (TRACC).
With a B.A. from the University of Oklahoma and an M.A. from the University of Kentucky, Roberts specializes in public relations and risk and crisis communication. Her research interests include organizational communication, risk and crisis communication, social media, natural disasters, reputation management and health crises. She has published a number of articles related these topics and regularly presents research at national and international conferences.
In addition to research, Roberts has taught a variety of college-level courses and currently teaches Oral Communication for National Security Careers at the University of Maryland.
- University of Kentucky, M.A., Communication, 2012
- University of Oklahoma, B.A., Journalism, 2008
- Research Fellow, University of Kentucky, 2012
- Risk Science Fellow, University of Kentucky, 2011
- Graduate Symposium Top Panel Paper Award, University of Kentucky, 2011
- Ambassador, Gaylord College of Journalism and Mass Communication, University of Oklahoma, 2007-2008
- START, Risk Communication and Resilience Project Manager and Researcher, 2014-Present
- Disney English, Foreign Trainer, 2012-2013
- National Center for Food Protection and Defense, Risk Communication Research Assistant, 2010-2012
- University of Kentucky, Instructor, 2010-2012
- Independent Bank Group, Marketing Assistant, 2008-2009
- The Walt Disney World Resort, Cast Member, 2006-2012