Patrick is a researcher at START and project manager for the Profiles of Individual Radicalization in the United States (PIRUS) project, which seeks to explain the underlying mechanisms and processes of domestic radicalization. He earned his B.A. in International Studies from the University of North Texas and his M.A. in International Studies from the University of Denver, focusing on political violence, Middle East policy, and international security issues.
Prior to joining START, Patrick worked with the One Earth Future Foundation, a think-tank located near Denver, CO that seeks to reduce global conflict by promoting better global governance. He also was a Research Assistant with the Program on Terrorism and Insurgency Research based out of the University of Denver.
- University of Denver, M.A., International Studies, 2013
- University of North Texas, B.A., International Studies, Cum Laude, 2010
- START – Radicalization Researcher, December 2013 – present
- One Earth Future Foundation – Research and Development Intern, June 2013 – September 2013
- Program on Terrorism and Insurgency Research – Research Assistant, July 2012 – June 2013