Technical Advisor, Resonance Global
While at START, Peter Weinberger was a Senior Researcher with a focus on countering violent extremism. In 2018, he became a Technical Advisor at Resonance Global, where he is the primary investigator and manager of all research undertaken on the CoVE-MENA team, USAID PEACE-IDQ.
Prior to joining START, Dr. Weinberger was a Senior Program Officer at the U.S. Institute of Peace (2008-2015), an Assistant Professor at the School of International Service at American University (2004-2008) and a Research Professor at the Institute for Conflict Analysis and Resolution at George Mason University (2003-2004). He received his doctorate in International Relations from the London School of Economics.
- London School of Economics, Ph.D., International Relations
- American University, M.A., International Peace and Conflict Resolution
- George Washington University, B.A., International Affairs
- Committee of Vice Chancellors and Principals of UK Universities: Overseas Research Students Awards Scheme (ORS Award), 1999-2001
- Technical Advisor, Resonance Global, 2018 - Present
- Senior Researcher, START, 2015 - 2018
- Senior Program Officer, U.S. Institute of Peace, 2008 - 2015
- Assistant Professor, American University, 2004 - 2008
- Research Professor, George Mason University, 2003 - 2004