November 1, 2010
Background Report on Package Bombs on Cargo Planes
Following the discovery of two suspicious packages containing explosive materials on cargo flights ultimately bound for Chicago, Illinois, START has compiled background information on:
- Terrorists’ Use of Explosives
- Targeting Airplanes with Explosives
- Al Qa’ida in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP)
- Terrorist Activity in Chicago
- Religious Targets in the United States
The background report, complete with graphs, is available here.
The accompanying press release is available here.