July 18, 2012
JOB OPPORTUNITY: Research Transition Manager
The National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START) is now hiring a faculty research assistant to work at START's headquarters at the University of Maryland, College Park. This is a full-time position, with an initial term of 12 months (starting in August/September 2012).
The Research Transition Manager will manage existing and new efforts to leverage START research with a view to informing, training, and educating the current and future homeland security community on issues related to terrorism, counterterrorism and countering violent extremism. Tasks for this position include:
- Managing and expanding START's various research internships with foci on creating research opportunities linked explicitly to specific governmental entities and maximizing student placement within the national security enterprise
- Supervising START's Education Coordinator as s/he supports research aimed at developing and implementing educational evaluation tools for START programs and coordinates START's undergraduate and graduate level educational initiatives
- Coordinating the development and marketing of audio-visual and written educational products based on START research, including but not limited to research briefs, on-line modules, and podcasts
- Conducting market research and then developing and marketing a menu of continuing education units tailored to the homeland and national security community based upon START research and education
- Conducting market research and then developing and marketing train the trainer seminars and educational seminars based on START research
- Bachelor's degree in a discipline related to security studies
- 4 years of professional work experience with considerable project coordination experience 2 years of experience working in higher education
- Familiarity with research related to terrorism and counterterrorism
- Experience communicating and working with partners at federal agencies
- Experience working directly with undergraduate and graduate students, in particular those in internship programs
- Experience with distance learning platforms and curriculum development
The annual salary for this position will be in the range of $45,000 to $55,000 plus full University of Maryland benefits as explained here. The person selected for this position will work on site at START's headquarters on campus at the University of Maryland, College Park, in concert with START's Education Director and will report directly to START's Executive Director.
For more information on this position and how to apply click here.
Please note that the University of Maryland, College Park, and START actively subscribe to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, gender, color, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, religion, national origin, or political affiliation. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.