July 18, 2012
JOB OPPORTUNITY: Education Coordinator
The START Education Coordinator is a full-time position at the headquarters of the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START) at the University of Maryland, College Park. The position is a one-year appointment with the possibility for follow-on employment.
The Education Coordinator will work with START's Associate Director for Education and START's Executive Director to support the development, maintenance, and evaluation of the Center's Education related initiatives.
- Support research aimed at developing and implementing educational evaluation tools for START programs
- Track and analyze student performance metrics, student feedback on assessment of programs, student and faculty members' participation in START educational programming, including funding management
- Serve as first point of contact for START's undergraduate, graduate and professional students
- Assist senior management in planning and overseeing educational programming
- Assist in Special Projects as required
- Bachelors Degree
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of Terrorism, Homeland Security Preferred
- Demonstrated interest in and experience in working with students
- Previous experience in a professional office environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong Organizational skills
To succeed in this position, a candidate should have the ability to multitask successfully and to balance multiple projects simultaneously. In addition, the Education Coordinator needs keen problem-solving skills and will need to learn the specifics of all of START's educational programs as well as relevant University's rules and processes for such programs. Some flexibility in terms of hours is required for occasional work in the evenings and/or weekends for special events.
For more information on this position and how to apply click here.
Please note that the University of Maryland, College Park, and START actively subscribe to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, gender, color, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, religion, national origin, or political affiliation. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.