November 23, 2012
Job Opportunity: Graduate Assistant
Job Title: Training Evaluation Graduate Assistant
Time period: 20 hours/week from January 2-22, 2013 (Winter Term 2013)
Potential for extended work in Spring 2013
Summary of Position
The National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START) is seeking a graduate student for Winter 2013 to assist with the development of a state-of-the-art risk communication training program. The project involves the development, delivery, and evaluation of a program focused on training local leaders in the United States on effective risk communication practices related to a variety of threats. We are currently seeking a graduate assistant to assist with the following tasks:
- Developing a training unit on evaluating risk communication planning and performance;
- Developing both formative and summative assessment plans for the training program itself; and
- Developing rigorous evaluation methodologies for a variety of START educational programs, with the potential to publish on the evaluation data.
The hired candidate should plan to work at least half of the required hours on-site at START headquarters, with the option to conduct the remainder of the work from a remote location. At the beginning of the term, the program’s PIs, START Education Director Kate Izsak and Associate Professor of Communication Brooke Liu, along with project researcher Stephanie Madden, will meet with the hired candidate to set milestones and deadlines for the term.
- Applicants must be have completed or be pursuing a master’s degree or doctorate in Education, Information Studies, Statistics, or a related field
- Applicants must have a background in educational evaluation
- Applicants must have a strong record of academic achievement
- Preferred: applicants have experience with curriculum development
- Preferred: applicants have experience with Adobe Creative Suite and/or online teaching and learning platforms
How to Apply
Applicants, please submit a cover letter and resume to Stephanie Madden at email@example.com by Friday, Dec.7.