December 4, 2012
Job Opportunity: Post Doctoral Fellow
Post-Doctoral Fellow, Risk Communication Training
The National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START) is hiring a full-time post-doctoral fellow to work at START’s headquarters at the University of Maryland, College Park to assist with the development of a state-of-the-art risk communication training program. The project involves the development, delivery, and evaluation of a program focused on training local leaders in the United States on effective risk communication practices related to a variety of threats.
The post-doc will report directly to START’s Associate Director of Education and a University of Maryland faculty member. The post-doc will oversee the project’s full-time Senior Researcher and consultants.
- Lead ongoing curriculum development for a June 2013 pilot training program in collaboration with the project’s Principal Investigators and Senior Researcher.
- Lead assessment of the pilot training program in collaboration with the project’s Senior Researcher and Principal Investigator.
- Prepare monthly status reports and deliverables in collaboration with the project’s Senior Researcher and under the direction of the Principal Investigators.
- Serve as the first point of contact for the project sponsors’ questions.
- Ph.D. as of December 2012 (applicants who are ABD and near completion of a Ph.D. program will also be considered)
- Graduate level coursework in risk/crisis communication or a related discipline
- Experience working as part of a research team
- Preferred: project management experience
- Preferred: experience in teaching risk/crisis communication and/or curriculum design and evaluation.
The ideal candidate will be able to start on January 2, 2013. The position will last until September 1, 2013, with the possibility for ongoing work.
The annual salary for this position will be $50,000 plus full University of Maryland benefits (as explained at http://www.uhr.umd.edu/documents/new_hire_overview_exempt-faculty_rev_112508.pdf). The person selected for this position will work on site at START’s headquarters on campus at the University of Maryland, College Park.
How to Apply updated
For more information on this position and how to apply click jobs.umd.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=58206. Apply by Dec. 21.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. The University of Maryland is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.