December 5, 2012
Job Opportunity: Special Projects GIS Analyst
The Special Projects GIS Analyst will be responsible for performing a variety of social network and/or geospatial research tasks on multiple projects, including identifying and integrating geospatial data sources, coding SNA and/or GIS data and implementing data quality control processes, analysis, preparing reports (integrating SNA and/or GIS analysis with other types of qualitative and/or quantitative analysis, writing, proof-reading, formatting), and preparing and delivering presentations. The Special Projects GIS Analyst will be responsible for supervising small teams of 1-5 hourly research assistants or interns for some of these tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline
- At least three months of prior terrorism-related research
- Familiarity with terrorism and counterterrorism literature
- Ability to effectively supervise undergraduate and/or graduate research assistants and interns
- Ability to handle pressure and meet deliverable deadlines
- Flexibility to switch topic areas and tasking as projects require
- Graduate degree in relevant discipline or 2+ years of relevant research experience
- Substantive knowledge or expertise within at least one of the Special Projects research areas above
- Experience with data quality control procedures
- Superior writing and presentation abilities
For more information on this position and how to apply click https://jobs.umd.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=58158.
Please note that the University of Maryland, College Park, and START actively subscribe to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, gender, color, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, religion, national origin, or political affiliation. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.