December 5, 2012
Job Opportunity: Special Projects Researcher
The Special Projects Researcher will be responsible for performing a variety of basic research tasks on multiple projects, including identifying and summarizing sources, coding data and implementing data quality control processes, analysis, preparing reports (performing qualitative and/or quantitative analysis, writing, proof-reading, formatting), and preparing and delivering presentations. The Special Projects Researcher will be responsible for supervising small teams of 1-3 research assistants for some of these tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline
- At least one year of prior terrorism-related research
- Substantive knowledge within two or more of the Special Projects research areas above
- Training and/or experience with one or more research methodologies
- Familiarity with terrorism and counterterrorism literature
- Ability to effectively supervise undergraduate and/or graduate research assistants
- Ability to handle pressure and meet deliverable deadlines
- Flexibility to switch topic areas and tasking as projects require
- Graduate degree in relevant discipline or 2+ years of relevant research experience
- Experience with data quality control procedures
For more information on this position and how to apply click https://jobs.umd.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=58163.