Terrorism & Preparedness Data Resource Center
The Terrorism & Preparedness Data Resource Center (TPDRC) archives and distributes data collected by government agencies, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), and researchers about the nature of intra- (domestic) and international terrorism, perpetrators, and victims; governmental and nongovernmental responses to terror and natural disasters; and citizen attitudes towards terrorism, terror incidents, and the response to terror, around the world. The goal of TPDRC is to organize and streamline access to existing resources from across the world; that are relevant to the study of terrorism and the response to terrorism.
Characteristics of the TPDRC
- Contains information on over 345 studies related to terrorism and preparedness
- Fully searchable data holdings.
- Each study includes the following information:
- Summary of scope of the study
- Methodology description
- Access and availability of data files
- Bibliographic citation
- Citations of published and unpublished works resulting from analyses of study data
- Identifies more than 35 categories of studies.
- Provides subscribers with RSS-feeds of headline news related to terrorism, responses to terrorism, and preparedness.
The TPDRC Story
TPDRC is a partnership between the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START), a DHS Center of Excellence, and the Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR). It is jointly managed by researchers from START, Michigan State University's School of Criminal Justice, and staff at the University of Michigan's National Archive of Criminal Justice Data. TPDRC is funded by the U.S. Department of Justice, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Science and Technology Directorate, and the National Science Foundation.
New data will be systematically added to the resource center on an ongoing basis.
Archiving Your Data
If you have questions about archiving your data or resources with the TPDRC please send inquires to firstname.lastname@example.org.