Call for Nominations
START is pleased to announce a call for nominations to the Undergraduate Research Program for 2012-2013.
Appropriate nominees should:
- Be currently be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student, majoring in the behavioral and social sciences or a closely related field;
- Be enrolled at the institution where his/her proposed faculty mentor is located;
- Be entering their third or fourth year of undergraduate study;
- Have an outstanding academic record; and
- Demonstrate an ability to work as part of a research team and to conduct research independently.
Students who have participated in START's URP program in the past are welcome to re-apply.
Note: Nominations of female students and students from underrepresented minority groups are especially encouraged.
Mentors submit the nomination, which includes:
- A completed URP application;
- An unofficial copy of the nominee's transcript;
- A copy of the nominee's resume; and
- A completed copy of the faculty recommendation form.
Nominations should be submitted electronically to START at firstname.lastname@example.org The deadline for nominations is Wednesday May 20th, 2013.
Please direct questions about the program and/or the application process to email@example.com.