Faculty Specialist, Global Terrorism Database (GTD)
Emily West is a Faculty Specialist on the Global Terrorism Database (GTD) at the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START). She holds an M.A. in Forensic Psychology from George Washington University and a B.S. in Neuroscience from Union College. In addition to studying the consequences of terrorism and terrorism trends, she is interested in the role of individuals’ psychology in their motivation to carry out terrorist attacks, particularly in North America and Europe.
- George Washington University, M.A. Forensic Psychology, 2019
- Union College, B.S. Neuroscience, magna cum laude, 2017
- Faculty Specialist, START, 2021-present
- Faculty Researcher, START 2020-2021
- General Associate, START, 2018-2020