Erin Copland is currently the Outreach and Transition Specialist at START, supporting the Media and Communications team in publicizing START's research, brand and mission. Prior to this, she worked as a research assistant on START projects focusing on countering violent extremism and understanding domestic radicalization. She also served in the US Army Reserves for six years as a licensed practical nurse, before receiving a B.A. in Criminal Justice and an M.A. in Forensic and Legal Psychology. You can find her on Twitter @copland_erin.
- SUNY Fredonia, B.A., Criminal Justice, 2012
- Marymount University, M.A., Forensic and Legal Psychology, 2015
- University of Maryland, START, Outreach and Transition Specialist, April 2019 - Present
- University of Maryland, START, Faculty Assistant, Media & Communications, January 2016 - March 2019
- University of Maryland, START, Research Assistant, A Toolkit for Preventing Targeted Violence on College Campuses, October 2017 - July 2018
- University of Maryland, START, Research Assistant, Profiles of Individual Radicalization in the United States (PIRUS), May 2015 - September 2017
- US Army Reserves, Licensed Practical Nurse, September 2005 - September 2011