Department of Public Administration & Policy
University at Albany – SUNY
1400 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12054
- Terrorist organizations, terrorist networks, and terrorism as a phenomenon. The structure, management, and effects of networks. Interorganizational structures and processes. Social network methodologies. Policy networks and their management. Management of public agencies and organizations.
Topics of Interest
- Homeland Security Education and Training
- Nuclear Terrorism
- Political Violence
- Terrorism Databases & Resource Centers
- Terrorist Networks
- Threat Assessment
- Weapons of Mass Destruction
- University of Pennsylvania, BA BS, 1991, Summa Cum Laude.
- London School of Economics and Political Science, MSE, 1993.
- Harvard University, PhD, 2002.
- Harvard University, Instructor, 2000-2001.
- University at Albany – SUNY, Assistant Professor, 2002 – 2009.
- University at Albany – SUNY, Associate Professor, 2009 – present.
- University at Albany – SUNY, Chair – Department of Public Administration and Policy, 2009 – present.
Major Recognitions and Honors
- Phi Beta Kappa, 1988 – present.
- Thouron Scholar, 1991-1992.
- 2009 Accenture Advances Award for Best Article in International Public Management Journal, Volume 11.
- Minnowbrook III Emerging Scholar Invitee, 2008.
- 2005 Laverne Burchfield Award for Best Book Review in Public Administration Review, Volume 64.