238 Church Street
Middletown, CT 06459
- Terrorism, political violence, counterterrorism, insurgency, and homeland security.
Topics of Interest
- De-radicalization and Disengagement
- Extremism in the US
- Global Security
- Political Violence
- Terrorism Trends
- Community Resilience
Regions of Interest
- North America
- Western Europe
- Middle East
- University of Dayton, B.A. 2002, Summa Cum Laude
- University of Colorado, M.A. 2004
- University of Colorado, Ph. D., 2007
- Harvard University, Research Fellow, 2006-2008
- Wesleyan University, Assistant Professor, 2008-present
- Founder and Director, Program on Terrorism and Insurgency Research, Wesleyan University, 2008-present.
- Harvard University, Associate, Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs, 2008-2010.
- University of California at Berkeley, Research Fellow, Institute of International Studies, 2007-2009.
Major Recognitions and Honors
- Harvard University Belfer Center Pre- and Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2006-2008
- Baker Prize for Excellence in Teaching and Research, Wesleyan University, 2009-2010
Received research funding from START: 2007-present