- Get state-of-the-art ideas and strategies for organizing and managing mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery at the local level and within the larger intergovernmental context
- Understand new standards for emergency management planning, organization, staffing, training, and emergency operations centers (EOCs)
- Build sustainable communities that will be resilient in the event of disaster
- Develop and collaborate with networks of public, private, and nonprofit entities
- Secure funding for local emergency management initiatives
- The only comprehensive resource and textbook for state-of-the-art emergency management for local government.
Tierney, Kathleen, and William Waugh. 2007. Emergency Management: Principles and Practice for Local Government. Washington DC: International City and County Management Association.