The Department of Homeland Security Centers of Excellence Summit will take place virtually from Monday, May 17 to Friday, May 21. Join START at this convergence of subject matter experts across academia, industry, and government to identify and discuss evolving homeland security challenges! The Summit is free and open to all, and this year focuses on university research and workforce development for a safe and secure homeland. Register here.
Hosted by the DHS Centers of Excellence (COE), this event is a unique opportunity for COE researchers to connect and network with DHS components, federal, state, and local stakeholders, as well as industry partners to present current and emerging solutions to threats and challenges faced by DHS. During the Summit, Global Terrorism Database (GTD) Program Manager Erin Miller will participate in a panel titled “Domestic Extremist Threats to US: A Research Agenda,” organized by the National Counterterrorism, Innovation, Technology and Education (NCITE) Center of Excellence. START researcher Rhyner Washburn will also participate in a prerecorded panel on "Countering Developing Risks to the U.S. Maritime Transportation System," and Marcus Boyd and Audrey Tetteh will provide a virtual information session on START's new Master of Professional Studies (MPS) in Security and Terrorism Studies.
Visit the COE Capabilities Showcase
- COE and vendor partners share research breakthroughs
- New products and tools to assist operational decision-makers
- Dynamic solutions to secure our Homeland
Choose a combination of sessions
Hear keynotes and panels complemented by attendee selected sessions from two tracks:
- Track 1: Protecting the Homeland from catastrophic risks
- Track 2: University research and public/private partnerships for enhanced Homeland security
Explore the Latest Student Research
- Student research presentations responding to current & emerging DHS threats
- DHS COE Student Grand Challenge
- Network with the next generation of DHS professionals
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.