START is seeking a communication intern for the Fall of 2011. This is an unpaid, for-credit communication internship with the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START), a Center of Excellence of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security based at the University of Maryland.
START will be hiring 1-2 interns for the fall. Interns will help with public relations for START, which may include but is not limited to:
- Writing/editing press releases
- Developing media kits
- Assisting with preparation of materials for presentations
- Event assistance and attendance
- Assistance with social media and updating START website
- Assistance with publicizing START educational programs and special projects as needed
For full description, please go here
To apply: Send a resume, cover letter, and two writing samples to Stephanie Madden at email@example.com. Apply by Monday, August 22 for best consideration. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.