Tyler Yates is a researcher for the Global Terrorism Database (GTD). His research interests include political violence, human rights, law, and contentious politics. Yates has his Ph.D. in political science from the University of North Texas and his J.D./M.A. from Syracuse University. His dissertation focused on how political violence becomes institutionalized and impacts future governance. He has most recently been published in the Journal of Human Rights Practice and the Washington Post.
- University of North Texas, Ph.D., Political Science, 2020
- Syracuse University, J.D., 2013
- Syracuse University, M.A., Political Science, 2013
- University of Maryland, START, Research Assistant, Gobal Terrorism Database (GTD), 2019 - 2021
- University of Maryland, START, Researcher, Global Terrorism Database (GTD), 2021 - Present