START is happy to announce several internship opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students at the University of Maryland for Fall 2007. Student interns will have the opportunity to work on a large-scale research project related to START's mission of enhancing understanding of the human causes and consequences of terrorism as they earn academic credit for their experience. Internships are available with each of the following projects. (Students can only participate in one START research internship at any time.)
- Minorities at Risk Project
- Risk Communication Research
- Terrorism, Idelology, and Violence
- Terrorism and Preparedness Data Resource Center
- Terrorism and Homeland Security Education
- Social Exclusion and Terrorism
Additional information on each of these projects as well as instructions on how to apply to serve as an intern on each project is available at the Education section of the START website.