Principal Research Scientist, NSI Inc.
Katy Lindquist is a Principal Research Scientist at NSI, Inc. While at START, she was a senior researcher specializing in the study of violent non-state actors (VNSAs), and the intersection between VNSAs, states, and ideology in shaping strategies of violence. Her work focuses on issues of political instability, countering violent extremism, and grey zone conflict, and she was formerly an analyst for EMC Research, a public-opinion research firm.
Katy graduated from the University of Chicago in 2017 with a Ph.D. in Political Science, where her research focused on high-intensity state sponsorship of VNSAs, and she received her A.B. in Government from Dartmouth College. She is a mixed-methods researcher in qualitative (comparative historical analysis), quantitative/statistical modeling, and survey methodologies.
- University of Chicago, Ph.D., Political Science, 2017
- Dissertation: “Facing Revolutionary Realities: Understanding High-Intensity State Sponsorship of Non-State Actors”
- University of Chicago, M.A., Political Science, 2013
- Dartmouth College, A.B., Government, 2010
- Honors: summa cum laude, departmental honors, Phi Beta Kappa