Patrick is a researcher at START and project manager for the Profiles of Individual Radicalization in the United States (PIRUS) project and related projects, which seek to understand the underlying processes and mechanisms of domestic radicalization. Prior to joining START, Patrick worked as a research intern with the One Earth Future Foundation and as a research assistant with the Program on Terrorism and Insurgency Research based out of the University of Denver.
He earned his B.A. in International Studies from the University of North Texas and his M.A. in International Studies from the University of Denver, focusing on political violence, asymmetric conflict Middle East policy, and international security issues.
- University of Denver, M.A., International Studies, 2013
- University of North Texas, B.A., International Studies, Cum Laude, 2010
- START – Radicalization Researcher, December 2013 – present
- One Earth Future Foundation – Research and Development Intern, June 2013 – September 2013
- Program on Terrorism and Insurgency Research – Research Assistant, July 2012 – June 2013