Affiliated Faculty, Strategic Communications Lead at Akoya
Holly Roberts is the Strategic Communications Lead at Akoya. Prior to this, she was a Senior Communications Specialist for ERPI, and she was a Program Manager and Researcher in the Risk Communication and Resilience Program while at START, assisting with a variety of research ventures while managing START’s Training in Risk and Crisis Communication Program (TRACC).
With a B.A. from the University of Oklahoma and an M.A. from the University of Kentucky, Roberts specializes in public relations and risk and crisis communication. Her research interests include organizational communication, risk and crisis communication, social media, natural disasters, reputation management and health crises. She has published a number of articles related these topics and regularly presents research at national and international conferences.
In addition to research, Roberts has taught a variety of college-level courses and currently teaches Oral Communication for National Security Careers at the University of Maryland.
Global Terrorism Studies Minor – This University of Maryland undergraduate program is designed to train the next generation of terrorism analysts, including students who plan to pursue graduate study related to terrorism as well as employment in the federal, state, local, non-profit, and/or private sectors.
- University of Kentucky, M.A., Communication, 2012
- University of Oklahoma, B.A., Journalism, 2008
- Research Fellow, University of Kentucky, 2012
- Risk Science Fellow, University of Kentucky, 2011
- Graduate Symposium Top Panel Paper Award, University of Kentucky, 2011
- Ambassador, Gaylord College of Journalism and Mass Communication, University of Oklahoma, 2007-2008
- Enterprise Resource Performance, Inc. (ERPi), Senior Communications Consultant, 2017-Present
- START, Risk Communication and Resilience Project Manager and Researcher, 2014-2017
- Disney English, Foreign Trainer, 2012-2013
- National Center for Food Protection and Defense, Risk Communication Research Assistant, 2010-2012
- University of Kentucky, Instructor, 2010-2012
- Independent Bank Group, Marketing Assistant, 2008-2009
- The Walt Disney World Resort, Cast Member, 2006-2012