Senior Researcher, START
Dr. Michael Jensen is the data collection manager for the Global Terrorism Database (GTD) and the lead investigator for the Profiles of Individual Radicalization in the United States (PIRUS) project. He holds a Ph.D. in political science from Arizona State University. Prior to joining START, Dr. Jensen was a post-doctoral fellow in the Moynihan Institute of Global Affairs at the Maxwell School of Syracuse University and the Associate Director of the Consortium on Qualitative Research Methods (CQRM).
- Arizona State University, Ph.D., Political Science
- University of Maryland, START, Senior Researcher, 2012-present
- George Washington University, Elliott School of International Affairs, Adjunct Professor, 2012-present
- University of Maryland, Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice, Instructor, 2012-2014
- Syracuse University, Associate Director, Consortium on Qualitative Research Methods (CQRM), 2009-2011
- Syracuse University, Moynihan Institute of Global Affairs, Post-doctoral Fellow, 2009-2011